How It Works
Thank you for visiting Farm Share Online! Please read below to stay updated on our hours, pick-up windows and locations, and general information. If you have any questions, please call us at 949.443.4223 or e-mail us at [email protected].
Farm Stand Online Pick-up windows
- Order by 4 PM the day before one of our designated pick-up days for curbside pick-up.
- Pick up days in San Juan are: Tuesday and Thursday, from 1:00 PM to 6:00 PM, and Saturday, from 9:00 AM -1:00 PM.
- Pick-up day in Encinitas is Tuesday, from 2:00 PM to 6:00 PM.
- Pick-up day in Corona Del Mar is Sunday, from 11:00 AM - 2:00pm or 4:00 PM - 7:00 PM.
- For delivery, you must order a week in advance and must be no more than 10 miles from our San Juan Farm.
Farm share is our CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) program. Community Supported Agriculture is designed to create a relationship between you, the consumer, and your local farmer. Investing in Farm Share means you are purchasing a “share” of the upcoming harvest to ensure you get the highest quality, regeneratively farmed organic produce; and we, your farm and farmer, can better plan our crop rotations and a consistent market for our community. Because Fam Share members invest in the farm, we invest in our members to guarantee that you get the cream of the crop! Produce is harvested directly from our certified regenerative-organic farm in the heart of Orange County. On harvest days, we deliver our Farm Share CSA “shares" to our members.
Farm Share Members
If you're an existing Farm Share member and want additional items included in your existing Farm Share box, please order for your designated pick-up day (if you pick up on Tuesday, order before Monday at 4 PM; if you pick up on Thursday, order before Wednesday at 4 PM)!
Farm Stand Hours
If you would like to shop our Farm Stand at the farm in San Juan Capistrano, It is open every day from 9 PM-5 PM, except Tuesdays and Thursdays. (We are temporarily closed on Tuesdays and Thursdays to pack Farm Share boxes and allow for curbside pick-up during the COVID crisis).
San Juan Farm
32701 Alipaz St, San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675
Saturday: 9:00 AM -1:00 PM
EUSD Farm Lab
Tuesdays: 2:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Corona Del Mar
Poppy Street Market
Sundays: 11:00 AM - 2:00 PM or 4:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Tuesday and Thursday: 5:30 PM - 8 PM
Saturday: 1 PM - 4 PM
* Delivery is available within 10 miles of our San Juan Capistrano Farm
How do I sign up?
Sign up at farmshare.theecologycenter.org. Choose Farm Share in our menu and you’ll be asked if you want an Individual or Family sized box and if you’d like it every week or every other week.
What size is right for me?
- Our Individual size boxes have 8-10 Items which are great for 1 or 2 people for about a week’s worth of produce depending on how much you cook at home. If you cook a lot more, we recommend our Family Size box. Ordering weekly helps to guarantee that you have fresh veggies every week!
- An Individual size Harvest Box subscription is $25 per box; a one-time box is $28
- A Family size Harvest Box subscription is $35 per box; a one-time box is $40
Can I choose what is in my box?
While you cannot customize the fruits and veggies within your box, you’re welcome to add on any of the 60+ pantry items we sell in the Farm Stand,as well as culinary staples like onions and garlic. The good thing is that no two boxes will be the same.
Subscription on hold
You’re welcome to put your subscription on hold at any time for any reason. Just email us by Friday on the week prior to your next delivery day and we’ll hold on to your “final box” payment for when you’re ready to re-join.
How do I cancel my subscription?
If you need to cancel your subscription, please let us know by emailing [email protected]. You’ll be given your final box (that you already paid for) on your designated pick-up day and receive no more charges.
What is your refund policy?
Due to the complexity of operating a farm, and planning for a specific amount of harvest, we cannot refund boxes that have already been purchased and picked up. If you are ever unhappy with your subscription, we’d be happy to help you cancel it. (But even happier to solicit your feedback to continue to improve our offering!)
What if I miss a pickup
No problem - pick up your box within the next 24 hours (by the end of day next day at 5pm). Any boxes not picked up within 24 hours will be donated.
Where do I pick up
- San Juan Capistrano Farm: The Ecology Center, 32701 Alipaz St
- Encinitas Farm: The Ecology Center Farm Lab, 441 Quail Gardens Dr
- Corona Del Mar: Poppy Street Market at Five Crowns, 3801 E. Coast Highway
Does my Harvest Box subscription qualify for membership dividends?
We are currently offering delivery within a 10-mile radius of The Ecology Center for $10.
Can we start a new drop off-site?
Please contact us if you have a community of 15+ families, co-workers, or neighbors and want to explore a neighborhood pick-up/drop-off site - [email protected]
What can I expect in my Harvest Box?
We design each of these boxes, weekly, as a true celebration of the seasons. What that means is that each week you will receive unique vegetables, herbs, and fruits at their peak of there ripeness.